If you happen to be an enthusiast of the captivating action role-playing game Nier: Automata, you undoubtedly recognize the distinctive and captivating font that graces its iconic logo.
Nier Automata font is more than just characters on a screen; it encapsulates the essence of the game’s immersive world, evoking the futuristic and enigmatic atmosphere that draws players into its spellbinding narrative.
Whether you’re contemplating the font on the game’s cover, using it in your own creative projects, or simply appreciating its unique aesthetic, the Nier Automata font continues to leave an indelible mark on players and fans alike.
Just as the game invites you to explore a world of contrasts and connections, so does its font, serving as a visual reminder of the captivating journey that awaits within Nier: Automata’s digital realms.
Table of Contents
- Download Nier Automata Font Free For Personal Use
- About Nier Automata Font
- Characteristics of Nier Automata Font
- Final Words
- Read More
Download Nier Automata Font Free For Personal Use
About Nier Automata Font
The font used in Nier Automata is called ITC Benguiat, and it was created by Edward Benguiat, a legendary American typeface designer who also designed many other famous fonts, such as ITC Souvenir, ITC Bauhaus, and ITC Korinna.
ITC Benguiat is an art deco serif font that features elegant curves, sharp angles, and high contrast. It was inspired by Benguiat’s collection of old books and magazines, and it reflects his love for vintage typography.
The font was released in 1977 by the International Typeface Corporation (ITC), and it soon became popular for its versatility and style. It has been used for various purposes, such as book covers, movie posters, logos, and headlines.
One of the most notable uses of ITC Benguiat is the logo of Nier: Automata, a sequel to Nier (2010), which is itself a spin-off of and sequel to the Drakengard series. Nier: Automata was developed by PlatinumGames and published by Square Enix in 2017 for PlayStation 4 and Windows, and later for Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
The game is set in a dystopian future where androids fight against machines created by alien invaders. The game features multiple endings, branching narratives, and diverse gameplay genres, such as hack-and-slash, shoot ’em up, and text adventure.
The logo of Nier: Automata uses ITC Benguiat Book, which is a lighter weight of the font. The logo also adds some modifications to the letters, such as extending the crossbar of the A, adding a dot to the O, and removing the serifs from the M.
The logo conveys a sense of mystery, elegance, and sophistication that matches the game’s theme and aesthetic.
Characteristics of Nier Automata Font
The font used for the logo of Nier: Automata is called ITC Benguiat, which is a decorative serif typeface designed by Ed Benguiat and released by the International Typeface Corporation (ITC) in 1977. Some of the characteristics of this font are:
- It is based on the typefaces of the Art Nouveau period, which was a style of art and architecture that flourished in Europe and America from the 1890s to the 1910s. Art Nouveau was characterized by organic forms, curved lines, and ornamental details.
- It has a large x-height, which is the height of the lowercase letters without ascenders or descenders. A large x-height makes the font more legible and suitable for display purposes.
- It has high contrast, which is the difference between the thick and thin strokes of the letters. High contrast gives the font a dynamic and elegant appearance.
- It has sharp angles and elegant curves, which create a sense of movement and energy in the font.
- It has high-waisted capitals, which are uppercase letters that have a smaller height than the ascenders of the lowercase letters. High-waisted capitals give the font a distinctive and vintage look.
- It has multiple widths and weights, which are variations of the font that have different horizontal and vertical proportions and thicknesses. Multiple widths and weights allow for more flexibility and creativity in using the font.
- It has numerous nonstandard ligatures and alternate shapes for some letters, which are special combinations of two or more letters that form a single glyph or different versions of the same letter that can be used interchangeably. Nonstandard ligatures and alternate shapes add more diversity and flair to the font.
The Nier: Automata logo employs ITC Benguiat Book, opting for a lighter weight of this font variant. The logo also modifies some of the letters, such as extending the crossbar of the A, adding a dot to the O, and removing the serifs from the M. These modifications enhance the uniqueness and mystery of the logo.
To conclude, the Nier Automata font used for the logo is a remarkable example of how typography can enhance the identity and appeal of a video game.
The font, ITC Benguiat, is a classic and versatile typeface that was designed by Ed Benguiat, a master of lettering and graphic design. The Nier Automata font reflects the influences of the Art Nouveau period, as well as Benguiat’s own personal style and taste.
The Nier Automata font has many features that make it suitable for display purposes, such as high contrast, sharp angles, elegant curves, high-waisted capitals, multiple widths and weights, and nonstandard ligatures and alternate shapes.
The logo of Nier Automata font uses a lighter weight, and also modifies some of the letters to create a unique and mysterious logo that matches the game’s theme and aesthetic.
The logo is a testament to the power and beauty of typography, and how it can convey a message and evoke an emotion in the viewer.
Thank you for reading this article, and we hope you learned something new and interesting about Nier Automata font and its history.